Monday 2 January 2017

Response To Question 6

Throughout the production of my magazine I used a range of technologies:



  • Powtoon 
  • Blogger/blog-spot 
  • Prezi 
  • Thinglink 
  • Gmail 
  • Adobe elements 11 
  • Flickr 
  • Microsoft power point 
  • Microsoft word 
  • Camera
  • Tripod
  • Memory card
  • Memory card reader 
  • Slide share 
  • Slidley 

The very first thing we did when we began our AS media course was set up at blogger account, we began simply with learning how to create and publish posts and through initiative and teacher guidance we learnt how to insert pictures and text and take screen grabs to show what we were seeing on the screen at that moment in time. Blogger has been an excellent application to use its fun quick and easy to learn and did not hinder my research, planning or construction at all!



I created a flickr account to post my pictures on and get feedback from local people to see which photos people liked and which people were unsure about. I thought this was a really fun way to engage with my TA and understand their opinions.



I used Powtoon, Emaze, Prezi, Thinglink, Slideshare and Slidley to present evidence of my external research in fun and different ways. My favourite application to use was Thinglink, I found it extremely easy to use whereas some of my peers found it difficult, I liked the interactive aspect of it as it also requires the viewer to have a keen eye at specific areas.



My gmail account played a huge part in the production of my magazines as without it I would of been unable to gain access to all the different websites needed to log research and planning.


Adobe Elements 11 Also played a huge part in my magazine production as this was the software that used to create my product. I really enjoyed learning all the different tools that adobe had to offer;

Toolbox overview

A lot of the tools I didn't fully understand, but we were instructed to make constant saves throughout so if we made a change that we didn't like we could revert it, it was also a safety measure in case the application shut down which did happen to me! luckily I had a stream of save files to revert to. The constant stream of saves allowed me to spend some time playing around with the tools to see the different effects which I enjoyed.

The camera and tripod was extremely helpful when it came to acquiring pictures of my star model and pictures for things my magazine would feature, without the tripod my pictures would have been of balance and most likely blury. after taking photos I took the memory card from the camera placed it within a memory card reader and put it into the mac, before we took the memory card reader out we had to eject it on the mac itself or we risked corrupting the files on it, luckily non of us did! 

Being an avid user of computers helped me a lot! it also helped my peers as i was often confided in for help with some applications. This AS media course has taught me a rank of skills in all digital fields which I am thankful for

No comments:

Post a Comment